Re: Apropos CUPS

Ciao Giorgio,

Am 17.11.2015 21:52, schrieb Giorgio Pioda:
> I also tried to control this switching on/off the ipp protocol on
> the printers (all of them are connected to the fixed network), but
> I got no success.

This reminds me to a recent situation, when I set up cups on raspbian;
depending on the client's cups version, installed printers (this time,
local usb) didn't show up at all, or partly quite after a while (hours)
on my clients. Adding them manually by https URIs did only work
sometimes, but with sufficient patience they appeared automagically.

Please take note, that this observation is not related to debian-edu
specific configurations.

I just wanted to encourage you
i. to be patient with cups
ii. to compare/state your clients' cups version.

Kind regards
Ralf
--
PGP/GnuPG: pub 1024D/E6DE0971