Re: Generating new accounts

On 10/29/15 10:58, Bernd Zeitzen wrote:

The structure of my csv is:
Klasse,Nachname,Vorname,Interne ID-Nummer,Passwort

Interne ID-Nummer is the username and is unique in our system.
Is it possible to set the password when importing the csv? I've never
done this before and I don't want to destroy anything.

Hi Bernd

I've used this before and both the username and password can be set from the csv file.

The feature could be documented more clearly, as the instructions just say something about the format and the minimal fields required. But you can set all (?) of the fields known by gosa for a user and the identification for those fields varies a lot in clarity.

To improve the documentation, it would be required to explain for each field what it means, which values are valid and probably some fields can better not be set from the csv file...

Cheers

Simon