Re: Work together on lmms package in Debian and Ubuntu?

[Israel]
> Hi, I have tried cloning into the repository as listed on the page:
> git clone https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/debian-edu/debian-edu.git
>
> However, it wasn't until this e-mail that I realized I needed to go
> directly to the Debian tracker page and clone it.
> git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-edu/pkg-team/lmms.git
>   I am currently doing this, and will get to work on it.
> The Alioth page is rather confusing (to me) in how it is laid out, or
> how to find information.  I am a little unsure as to what it is.

It is just a git repository.  The alioth page is just to make it
possible to peek into the git repository, but it is not intended to work
on the content.  For that, use the local git client.

> I am mainly familiar with github where I would create my own branch and
> create a pull request, so what upstream do I need to use, or can I simply
> git push
> And it will be reviewed there.
> Sorry if this is covered somewhere on Alioth, as I said it is a bit hard
> to navigate for me ( I am used to github and launchpad)

There is no review process like that on github in this work flow.  It is
a simple git repository several people can push and pull to.  If you
clone it and push to it, you change the shared repository.  If you want
reviews, post the patches on this mailing list or create and push a new
branch and ask people to have a look at the content in this new branch.

--
Happy hacking