Re: Work together on lmms package in Debian and Ubuntu?

Hi again
(inline replies)
On 09/21/2015 09:35 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Israel Dahl]
>> Hi Peter,
>> That would be great!
> Great.  Please visit
> the project.  This will give you write access to the git repos once your
> request have been processed.
I have asked to join there
>> The packaging you link to is my most recent version, however I have
>> been working with the LMMS team directly on github.  We now have a
>> method to fully generate the LMMS packaging for debian.
>> You can clone the latest version to get the new code.
>> basically I have a debian folder in the base directory and in
>> cmake/linux/debian I have the in files for control, format, compat,
>> rules, watch, lmms.install and lmms-vst-full.install
> Having debian packaging included in the upstream packages tend to cause
> extra maintanence work when the two divert, so I am not sure it is a
> good idea to keep the debian/ directory in the upstream git.  We will
> see how that work out. :)
I updated my branch to reflect this and contacted the LMMS developers to
make sure everyone is fine with this change.
>> The issue with my branch was a change in cmake's modules.  Something
>> changed and cmake was no longer able to find FLUID, as well as certain
>> other things.  Since Ubuntu Wily has a feature freeze I have not been
>> working on that branch, and have been working instead with LMMS on
>> github.
> Right.  I found the patch and added it to the Debian packaging.  I did
> not include the patch to make a separate plugin package, as it would
> trigger ftpmaster NEW processing and delay the upload.  This might be a
> good idea for the next upload.  Note, v 1.1.3-1 was uploaded today.
>
> I suspect it is a good idea to name the package lmms-plugin-* to make it
> more obvious that it is a plugin.  Also, please check out the Debian
> bugs on <URL: https://bugs.debian.org/src:lmms >, espesially the LADSPA
> plugin one.  I suspect it migth be a good idea to change the lmms build
> to store its LADSPA plugins in /usr/lib/ladspa/, to get access to all
> the different LADSPA plugins in Debian.  It might also make sense to
> split out the LADSPA plugins in lmms into separate packages to allow
> them to be used also without lmms installed.
I will contact the list about the LADSPA plugins, and see what they have
to say about this.

You can name the VST support (for 64bit) whatever you would like to!  It
was a bug noted on the Ubuntu package bug report, and so I worked with
the main developer for KXStudio's LMMS packaging on this issue.
>> I am very glad someone else has taken this package up, it was very
>> hard to get in touch with Patrick Winnertz.
> Yeah, I believe he had is laptop stolen and never quite recovered his
> Debian involvement after that.  But the package is team maintained now.
> Welcome to the team!
I am very glad to have this package maintained, it has had very steady
development for the past few years, and really deserves to be available
for our larger community!!  Thanks for including me

--
Regards