Re: setting language preference/presetting iceweasel

On 08/09/15 10:58, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 09:23:23PM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:

While fixing the template, I also set the preferred language setting (to
nl_NL). So the newer accounts have this.

IMO this is unneeded, see below.

I tried to manually update the older accounts with this using ldapvi, but I
didn't get to accept the changes:

ldap_modify: Confidentiality required (13)
         additional info: confidentiality required for update

Do I need to configure something in the sldap.conf or similar?

You want to use:

'ldapvi -ZD '(cn=admin)'

Hi Wolfgang

I tried this, but I can't figure out the password to enter when ldapvi asks it.

Should I change admin to a valid uid on the system?
The root password or my own (even with cn=root or cn=simon) doesn't work.

I checked the other things (all on both tjener and ltsp-chroot), /etc/default/locale is set correctly and I found a bunch of packages for dutch that weren't installed yet. As well as adblock. Too bad there isn't an anti tracker cookie plugin available in wheezy like ghostery...

Cheers

Simon