Re: setting language preference/presetting iceweasel

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 09:23:23PM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:

> While fixing the template, I also set the preferred language setting (to
> nl_NL). So the newer accounts have this.

IMO this is unneeded, see below.

> I tried to manually update the older accounts with this using ldapvi, but I
> didn't get to accept the changes:
>
> ldap_modify: Confidentiality required (13)
>         additional info: confidentiality required for update
>
> Do I need to configure something in the sldap.conf or similar?

You want to use:

'ldapvi -ZD '(cn=admin)'

> And just for confirmation of my assumption, will this affect the language of
> e.g. libreoffice, iceweasel, etc?

No, you probably need to install the language packages.
'apt-cache search l10n-nl' (or some such)

> Which also brings me to my second question... Can I mass configure programs
> like iceweasel, e.g. with plugins like adblock, ghostery, for each user? I
> figure bookmarks can be copied over to each account, but settings and
> plugins are much less trivial with iceweasel.

Packages are available for some addons:
'apt-cache search xul-ext'

Wolfgang