Re: debian-edu-update-netblock and shutdown at night

On 09/04/15 10:49, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Simon Oosthoek]
Hi

I am doing most of the sysadmin work via an autossh tunnel to my home,
can it be that the script debian-edu-update-netblock kicks me off quite
often? It does some brutal things to iptables it seems...
If you do not show up in the 'w' output when you log in like that, I
suspect the killer process might be responsible for kicking you out.
Try ssh -t to get a tty and show up with 'w'

I do show up in the output of w

I doubt debian-edu-update-netblock can do that.  If it was in effect,
you should not be able to log at all.

Perhaps you're right, the iptables are empty and open, so it is probably something els...

Cheers

Simon