Re: changing the kdm theme?

[Simon Oosthoek]
> When/how is the actual theme changed?

Check the postinst script of the debian-edu-artwork package to see how
it is done.

> I wanted to affect the terminals in such a way that each screen has a
> different background, so each terminal has a unique (and randomly
> changing) look. I wonder how I can make this work? My plan was to
> regularly update the background image, so each time a student logs
> out, a new picture is shown on the login screen, will that work?

No idea. :)

I the easiest way would be to use the alternatives system to replace the
background image pointed to by the theme, and rotate the selected image.

Why would you want to change the background like that?  Personally, I
have so may applications running on my screen that I can't see the
background.

--
Happy hacking