coming up soon... gosa-plugin-schoolmanager, GOsa² management utility for schools

Hi all,

the IT-Zukunft Schule project recently received a contract for developing a CSV import tool specifically adapted for purposes at school. The customer previously uses Sophomorix2 and switches to a Debian Edu system this summer. We were asked to keep their old workflow (in a modified form) alive / working.

After a while of thinking this through, I came to the conclusion that we want to implement that tool as a GOsa² add-on, so that it can be of use to others in Debian Edu. The goal is to come up with something +/- generic that will work for the specific customer but maybe also for others in Debian Edu.

Once we have something up-and-running, I would love to move the upstream location to

  git.debian.org/git/debian-edu/upstream/gosa-plugin-schoolmanager.git

Currently, the code gets assembled here:
https://code.it-zukunft-schule.de/gitweb?p=upstream/gosa-plugin-schoolmanager.git;a=summary

So, please stay tuned...
Mike
--