Re: Virtualized Tjener

[Giorgio Pioda]
> Hi volks,
>
> moving to Jessie I got a Proliant 110 G7
> with 4 sata 500 GB disks and HW raid (10) card.
>
> Would be a good idea to use some kind of
> virtualization on such an hardware (has it enough resources?)
> to have a better redundancy?

I suspect so, depending on the load.  I use a virtualized tjener myself
on weaker hardware than that, but got very few clients at home.

> Suggestion on which virtualization would fit at best? (Xen, KVM,
> VirtualBox, or...). I'd like to refresh a tjener clone backup image
> every night.

I use KVM / virt-manager myself, and prefer it over VirtualBox because
it is easier to operate without a GUI.  Did not consider Xen at the time
as it was missing in the official Linux kernel.

--
Happy hacking