Re: Jessie Beta1 ISOs

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:03:18AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> So someone needs to test a combi installation with the netinst image,
> to see whether the failures of
> https://jenkins.debian.net/view/edu_devel/job/g-i-
> installation_debian-edu_jessie_main-ltsp-server/ are due to the image
> or due to the jenkins setup...

atm, installation is running w/ LTSP chroot installation in progress.

After a brief look at the preseeding, this line seems to be missing for
the jenkins job:

d-i ltsp-client-builder/use_cdrom boolean false

BTW: I persuaded d-i to replace ftp.de.debian.org with another (faster
for me) mirror cause waiting for estimated 12 hours is no fun:

d-i ltsp-client-builder/build-client-opts string --mirror http://mirror.1und1.de/debian --dist jessie

> > (somehow new: xresprobe
> > is not available in jessie, so testsuite/hardware complains about
> > missing programs ddcprobe and ddccontrol).

real reason after a look at testsuite/hardware and both installations is
the package ddccontrol: installed if CD is used, not installed w/ BD.

> is there a bug for this already?

maybe a temporary issue...

> debian-installer-netboot-images/20150422 will still move to jessie, so the
> images will change once more (before we can declare them beta1), I hope+think
> this will happen today...

right; newest d-i-n-i installed on the system using the netinst CD:

ftp://ftp.skolelinux.org/cd-jessie-amd64-i386-netinst/debian-edu-amd64-i386-NETINST-1.iso
md5sum: c62f0c9ba3ec39f3f6a44485c050ebc2
664576 KB 	23.04.2015 	21:42:00

Wolfgang