Re: Home directories blank in diskless workstations

Finally found time to set up a wheezy test system (using
ftp://ftp.skolelinux.org/cd-wheezy-usbstick/debian-edu-amd64-i386-BD-1.iso)

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 09:06:33AM +0530, uday bhatye wrote:

> lts.conf is
>
> [default]
>     LTSP_CONFIG=True
>     #SOUND=False
>     #LOCALDEV=False
>     #CONFIGURE_X=False
>     RM_SYSTEM_SERVICES=autofs

o.k.

> > > still couldn't get kerberos ticket renewed.

I guess <LTSP-chroot>/etc/krb5.conf is missing the 'kerberos' entries,
maybe something went wrong during installation. Check the 'realms'
section, should be:

[realms]
	INTERN = {
		kdc = kerberos
		admin_server = kerberos
	}

> <LTSP-chroot>/etc/ldap/ldap.conf is
>
> TLS_CACERT      /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
>
> HOST ldap.intern
> BASE dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
> sudoers_base ou=sudoers,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
> TLS_REQCERT demand
> TLS_CACERT /etc/ldap/ssl/ldap-server-pubkey.pem

Looks ok. So all LTSP config settings stored in LDAP should be fetched
(and I assume you haven't touched those). Still no idea, why autofs
isn't disabled by default. It's not reproducible for me (tested on both
main and LTSP network, with and w/o client configured using GOsa²).

Wolfgang