Bifrost follow-me print for Debian/EDU

I would have loved to join in on the developers meeting this weekend. Unfortunately I am not able to make it.

However, I have a great proposal for a project: Print management.

Bifrost, as presented a
http://hovenko.no/blog/2008/01/24/presenting-bifrost-follow-me-printing-and-printout-management/
is a print management system for GNU/Linux, built on top of CUPS. It was originally made by developers at Redpill Linpro in Oslo, Norway, but has not been maintained for a while.

If it was brought up to date with regard to libraries and such, it would make a great component for Debian/EDU.

For further development I envision the use of entry level Android devices with RFID or QR-code tags in place of magnetic stripe cards for printout collection.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFC-enabled_mobile_devices#Smartphones

The touch screen capability of these devices could also be used to develop a framework for manipulating one's personal print queue at the collection point, and to slect specific prints and modify print settings.

Hope this will serve as an inspiration for development of a print management system for Debian/EDU.
;)Frode