Re: Xia, a new educationnal free software

Le 19/11/2014 23:43, Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :
[Louis-Maurice De Sousa]
Dear DebianEdu developpers,

Hi.  Thank you for getting in touch. :)

"Dane" service in "Académie de Versailles" is working on a new free
educationnal software you could be interested in.

It's goal is to create HTML5 interactive images.

More informations here.
http://xia.dane.ac-versailles.fr/index_en.html

We have worked with Georges Khaznadar, and Xia is already in Debian
"new" queue.
   https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/xia_1.0~beta2-4.html

Our goal is to have a first release in january.

We would be happy to see Xia proposed in DebianEdu and feedback from
educationnal community is really welcome. :-)

Looks interesting.  Not quite sure if I understood what it does, but
looking at the demo, and the fact that I do not understand French, I
started wondering how will it handle translations and multi-language
sites.  Is it supported yet?

Yes it is.
Software is localised in english, french and ready for more. I'll had portuguese soon. Main documentation is in english and we made a translation in french. Everything is ready for other translations. It's a tex file managed with po4a.

I thought all relevant information could be found in the Debian package. Let me know if you need more informations.
The sources are here :
 https://gitlab.crdp.ac-versailles.fr/pascal.fautrero/images-actives-html5

You'll find an english documentation in the Debian archive. It's a tex file compiled when the package is made.

Sorry, but all examples were made in France and are in french :-)

The main goal is to create an HTML5 ressource. It can be used by the teacher for the pupils, or "with" the pupils.
You'll find here an example made by 12 years old pupils :
http://isabelle-perucho.ac-versailles.fr/IMG/html/index.html

--

Louis-Maurice De Sousa
Délégation académique au numérique éducatif