Re: How to test Debian Edu Jessie using the current ISO (recipe for workarounds)

Hi Petter!

Today, on 8. Linux-Informationstag Oldenburg, we rsynced ftp.skolelinux.no::cd-edu-testing-nolocal-netinst/debian-edu-amd64-i386-NETINST-1.iso and then tried a german tjener/ltsp installation from USB-stick on an elder Dell Latitude with 2nd NIC on USB for testing purpose.

We edited /usr/bin/edu-eatmydata-install before choosing the profile and had to answer the grub-install-question.

After reboot NICs again were disordered in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.

Editing /etc/bind/named.conf.options helped nameserver to work.

We could log in with 1st user. With then created 2nd and 3rd one we could not. Editing "Password Storage" for these in GOSA from default ssha to sha and re-assigning a password helped.

Hope this will help

Kind regards

readU
Frank