Re: Wrong frequency? Please help

Quoting Franklin Weng (2014-10-13 07:42:44)
> We used Kubuntu 13.04 which was installed in the hard drive.  It could
> run normally, and this is the normal Xorg.0.log.

I still suggest you to test with a plain Debian system.  Kubuntu is less
helpful in triangulating the problem.

If problem also exist with plain Debian, then try Debian
testing/unstable, as it can be an issue with your hardware needing newer
kernel and/or Xorg.

In addition to .xsession-errors and Xorg.0.log, it is also relevant to
gather the output of "lspci" to know which graphics hardware it is: I
notice in your provided Xorg log that you use VESA driver, which may be
an indication that your hardware is too new to be recognized/supported
by the kernel+Xorg drivers.

None of of I wrote above is specific to DebianEdu - except the detail
that Debian is the _ancestor_ of DebianEdu whereas Kubuntu is more of a
cousin (it is a _different_ derivative of Debian) and therefore Debian
is a better reference platform for triangulating than Kubuntu.

Debian has a much larger community than DebianEdu - I don't say that as
a competition, but because this means you may be better off checking if
issues you experience are specific to DebianEdu or common also for
Debian and if the latter then involve yourself with the larger Debian
community in resolving the bug - and then naturally share your findings
with DebianEdu community too, to get it fixed there as well. :-)

 - Jonas