Fwd: What should we do about linuxsignpost.org?

Sorry, forgot to add the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arnt Ove Gregersen <arntogle@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: What should we do about linuxsignpost.org?
To: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>

Hi Petter,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
[...]

> Anyone willing in fixing the web application and maintain the database
> behind it?

I can assist helping to fix it, if we see any value in keeping it ?

I am the one creating it, but I lack time to maintain it and further
developer it on my own.

When it is up and running though it would not take that much running
it on a daily basis, if we just keep it as it is. But I will prefer to
have more people helping me with that.

> Is there a good alternative maintained by someone else that is
> providing a similar web service?

I have seen several, can't recall so many of them now, but
softpedia.com can be used in a bit similiar way.

> If none of the answers to these questions are yes, I believe we should
> remove the link from the default web page.  What do the rest of you think?

If I am the only one maintaining it, then yes.