Re: How to test Debian Edu Jessie using the current ISO (recipe for workarounds)

Hi Petter!

Thx for this great discription.

I happened to install 1 tjener+ltsp and 2 stand-alone-machines. Here's
my report:

tjener:
started on my home-server with desktop=xfce and chose german and
auto-partitioning
left the pc after chosing tjener/ltsp (after editing
/usr/bin/edu-eatmydata-install) for _very_ slow operation (ASUS
mainboard with AMD E-350)
didn'get the question for grub
after reboot (next day) had to re-order networkinterfaces in
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
and fix dns-nameserver entry in
/etc/network/interfaces
from 127.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.1 to get connected to internet
education-desktop-xfce was already installed
started apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade and again left the machine
Till now, i had no time for testing xfce-environment

stand-alone:
started installation with defaults, german and auto-partitioning
after chosing stand-alone-machine (after editing
/usr/bin/edu-eatmydata-install) installation finished without any
question. Cloned the machine with clonezilla, changed hostname and both
run well with KDE.

kind regards

readU
Frank