Re: Debian Edu - some ideas for the future versions

[Petter Reinholdtsen 2012-06-11]
>   * Fix partman-auto to allow us to abort the installation before
>     touching the disk if the disk is too small. This is [3]BTS report
>     #653305 and the d-i developers are fine with the patch and someone
>     just need to apply it and upload. After this is done we need to
>     adjust debian-edu-install to use this new hook.

I am happy to report that this feature is finally in place in Debian
Edu.  If the disk is too small for partitioning to work as it should, a
warning will be shown _before_ the partitioning take place (and not
after, like we do in Wheezy).  It is available from the latest ISO. :)

The fix for #653305 did not make it into Wheezy, so we only had the
option of warning after the partitioning failed.

--
Happy hacking