Re: SVN Git migration status

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2014, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I hope we can merge the two packages debian-edu-config and
> debian-edu-install, and wonder how to best migrate them to git with
> this in mind.  If possible, we should try to keep the history of all
> the files in both packages.  Not quite sure what the best solution for
> this is.

I'd suggest to first import those sources into two git repos and then merge
one into the other (this will result in some conflitcs in debian/ which need
to be resolved manually) and then push the result into the other repo.

And then make one of the two read-only.

I'm not sure about the best strategy for merging debian/changelog, probably
one should just be kept as debian/changelog-debian-edu-(config||install) for
the first upload to sid, so they end up on snapshot.d.o. After that upload
these that file could be removed.

Anything else which needs special thoughts?

cheers,
	Holger