Re: Remove build-cruft from debian-edu src:package

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:25:06AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Holger Levsen]
> > there is snapshot.debian.org for this.
>
> That sound sensible, yes.

Hmmmm, to me it does sound uninformed about how blends-dev works.  You
can't sensibly use snapshot.debian.org to approach the recreation of the
files in the process they were created.  The only thing I could imagine
what Holger might mean is that he intends to fetch the uploaded
debian-edu source files and drain the two files from there.  But that's
different to have the two files kept updated in the pre-release cycle
when you are testing the creation of the files and its changes.

I can not tell you how happy I would have been if I would only had the
files kept all the time in Debian Med SVN (which we did not in the
beginning).

> But how do we use snapshot.debian.org to
> figure out what the archive looked like when the tasks and control
> file?  Can you tell us how to figure out what the generated files
> looked like 2013-07-01 using snapshot.debian.org?  I do not know how
> to do that.
>
> > it leads to confusion and errors....
>
> Confusion, obviously, otherwise we would not be discussing this.  But
> what kind of errors do the version history of these files cause?

IMHO droping the two files is more error prone than keeping them.
Confusion could be solved by documentation.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de