Re: Debian Edu Artwork (Next Generation := Multi-Artworks)

Hi all,

On  Mi 25 Jun 2014 10:43:09 CEST, Mike Gabriel wrote:

Hi Petter,

On  Di 24 Jun 2014 08:14:49 CEST, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Mike Gabriel]
Hi all,

for our customers I had to revisit the debian-edu-artwork package.
The demand was/is: re-use the Debian Edu artwork from Debian Edu
squeeze on Debian Edu wheezy and beyond.

Interesting idea, but can you explain why you want to keep the two
artwork sets around, and why you believe it is worth the extra effort
that having two sets will require from our project?  The statement
'our customers demand it' do not explain why they wanted the old
artwork.

Ah. Ok. Sure.

We are about to upgrade our Diskless Workstations from Debian Edu squeeze to Debian Edu wheezy.

What we do is:

  o Use MATE from wheezy-backports
o We theme the MATE desktop like it was done for GNOMEv2 in d-e-artwork (parts of that already
    committed)
  o Use the squeeze artwork/theming

Main reason for that is...

      Users don't like change!

The goal is to provide a constancy in the user experience while exchanging/upgrading the engine underneath.

light+love
Mike

Any more feedback on this?

If not, I will pull the multiartwork branch over to the master branch...

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby