Re: Login on LTSP w/Diskless ws

Hi Wolfgang,

i found the reason for not being able to login (via ssh)!

The passwords of the default user skoleuser and our teststudent were too
weak! Of course our productive useraccounts have normal passwords.

I created a new user with a normal password containig upper- and
lowercase letters, digits and special characters and ... voilá login worked.

I deleted the teststudent an re-created the account again with a weak
password. No login possible. I then changed the passsword to something
more complex and this did the trick. I changed the password back again
and ... nope ...

To be exact: The password must not be the same, than the username. In
case of our teststudent the password was "teststudent". No login with a
password "TestStudent" neither, but "TestStudent1" worked.

Thanks to you all.

--
Herzliche Grüsse y saludos cordiales

naranjo.cc
Marcel Naranjo Lederich
communication consulting
Bahnhofstrasse 41             mobil: +49.171.4324749
D-16515 Zühlsdorf            mail: marcel@naranjo.de
Mühlenbecker Land                web: www.naranjo.de
Bitte drucken Sie nur das, was Sie wirklich brauchen