Re: using htacces for user-websites

Hallo Sebastian,

willkommen auf der Liste.

I'll write on in English. If you prefer German answers, I'd
switch to the German user list (which is not as populated as this one).

Am 25.05.2014 18:28, schrieb sebastian.holl:
> Hello,
> ho to configure htacces for the user-websites "www/~username"? I'd like
> to use this in one of my it-classes. I guess it won't work because of a
> wrong unix-path. Any suggestions?

If you could possibly quote some lines of your .htaccess files?

For further readings (to be found all over the web), I recommend
pages like:

A. German Pages
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Htaccess
http://peter.liscovius.de/tech/htaccess/

B. English Pages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.htaccess
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/howto/htaccess.html
http://htaccess-guide.com/

Additionally, please note, that there is a Debian package
called apache2-utils which contains a tool to create
htpasswd-files (including md5 shadow passwords).
The corresponding tool is called htpasswd, as well.

Good luck,
Ralf