Re: Is it possible to force ws to use a certain ltsp-server?

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:36:14PM +0000, George wrote:
> Im currently trying debian-edu wheezy, and Ive read about load
> balancing in the manual. But are there any way to force one (or some)
> workstations to use a certain ltsp-server?

IIRC, setting LDM_SERVER = <ltsp-server IP> under [workstation mac addr]
in lts.conf on the load balancing server (or in LDAP) will do the job.

> I have installed the ltserv01 as workstation and ltsp-server. Then I
> replaced /opt/ltsp/i386 with /opt/ltsp/amd64 since all our
> workstations will handle that. Dont know if that will be a problem
> since tjener use /opt/ltsp/i386 to boot the workstations?

As i386 is hardcoded in different files (and in LDAP, too) this is
supposed to fail without further configuration, I guess.

Wolfgang