Re: NFS mount failing

Hi,
my recent mails seem to get lost (using gmane) I don't know why. At the end ofd this mail, you'll find the missing informations.

We added a cronjob with "@reboot /path/script.sh"
the script contains the following 2 lines:

sleep 5
/etc/init.d/autofs restart

this will do as workaround, but I'm not really happy with this solution. I'd rather like to know the cause of the problem and fix that.

Greetings
Sebastian Holl

****************
We may have traced down the problem to autofs. After

/etc/init.d/autofs restart

and waiting several seconds. Everything works fine, but after a reboot the problem occurs again.

****************

> That mean the DNS setup is broken, as in not the correct setup for
> /etc/hostname
-------------------
tjener.intern
-------------------
or

/etc/resolv.conf.
----------------
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.0.1
search intern

What is the content of these
> files?  This in turn suggest that there is something strange with the
> DHCP setup.  Is the host listed in DNS (as in added in Gosa)?  What is
> the output from 'host<ip-of-workstation>'?

3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer wheezytest.intern.