Re: eduroaming pam_sss issues

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 05:37:20PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Giorgio Pioda]
> > Hi,
>
> Hi. :)
>
> > triing to put eduroaming in shape I get allways the following error
> > in /var/log/auth.log (all the sssd logs are OK)
> >
> > pam_acct_mgmt: Authentication failure
> >
> > But actually sssd works, krb5 tickets are OK and right before this message
> > pam_sss claims a successful authentication.
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> What exactly isn't working?  Are you just trying to figure out what the
> message mean, or are you trying to fix a failing login?  Not sure what
> the message mean, but I find it listed in
>
> --
> Happy hacking
> Petter Reinholdtsen

Fixing a failing login mechanism, of course. What the error means is clear.
Not clear is the reason of this error, and even worse, which program raises it.

Sssd seems to work properly. Ubuntu's pam_mklocaluser is still not working correctly,
(even in Ubuntu 13.04, even using the fixed Wheezy package) and homedirs
are not created automatically.

Regards

Giorgio

--