Re: Questions/comments on the eduroaming package

Hi Petter
> I had a closer look at the eduroaming package in svn, and got some
> questions.

Remember that this package is used to convert an Ubuntu plain install
into a ubuntu roaming WS

>  - Why isn't the package using the
>    /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/setup-roaming script to configure
>    the roaming setup?  It would allow for a more dynamic setup, without
>    the hardcoded LDAP and Kerberos values.

Well, clear why... see above

>  - Why is the LDAP schemas included in /etc/ldap/schema/?  As far as I
>    know, only the LDAP server need them.

Uhmm... maybe my mistake.

>  - Why is the etc/ldap/ssl/slapd-cert.cnf file included?  As far as I
>    know, only the LDAP server need it.

That's strange! In my last version I putted in the script
that fetches the cert at boot time (taken from a debian
roaming ws) and removed the rest.

> I suspect the package can be made simpler and more robust, but am a bit
> unsure about its scope and did not dare to change the source in svn. :)
>
> Giorgio, lets discuss details on IRC, if you want me to try to improve
> the package.  I am unable to test it myself, and would depend on you to
> test the changes.

To test it, it is very simple. You just need a fresh Ubuntu install,
and then try to install the package and interact with your mainserver.

I'll try to find some time to make a check round. Time flies...

Regards

--
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero
Cell +41 79 629 20 63