Re: nfs4 mount options rsize wsize

[Andreas B. Mundt]
> Running a test without defining rsize,wsize on 3 different setups, I
> got the following (remove rsize,wsize in LDAP and check with 'mount'
> after mounting the directory):
>
>     virtual machine setup:   rsize=wsize=131072
>     real hardware 1      :   rsize=wsize=262144
>     real hardware 2      :   rsize=wsize=524288
>
> All values are considerably larger than the values defined manually.
> It would be nice to understand the reasons why such a small value
> has been chosen in debian-edu.

It was choosen because it has been the recommende _large_ value for
NFS mounts for probably 20 years. :) The default was very small, 1k or
2k if I remember correctly, so we use a larger value to increase the
throughput without causing too much fragmentation in each NFS package.
The last part is most relevant when using UDP based NFS.

Very interesting to see how the default seem to have changed.  Sound
to me like we can drop the setting now.

--
Happy hacking