Re: Disk quotas

> What exactly are you missing?  I thought you just had to enable
> quotas, and there you had it.

I'm missing an integration with GOsa, and an easy management of the quotas
by non-IT people.

> I have not tried myself, but I found this recipe on
> that made sense to me.

I activated it, I know how, of course. Quite straightforward using
quotacheck. But a better, easer (graphic) approach will be better;
maybe as a Jessie TODO.

> Perhaps we should make a script to enable quotas on the home
> partitions?

Not a bad idea, putting it into /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools and
preconfiguring warnquota, too.

> > P.S: I know, LDAP and quota is a bad game, but disk quotas are
> > essential if you deal with grown up pupils (15-18).
>
> why is LDAP and quota a problem? (I assume "a bad game" means that it
> is a bad idea. :).
>

>From what I've read around quota information cannot be read
directly from LDAP, just like DNS.

Regards