Re: r80031 - in branches/wheezy/debian-edu: debian tasks

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 05:20:48AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > Modified:
> >    branches/wheezy/debian-edu/debian/changelog
> >    branches/wheezy/debian-edu/tasks/desktop-lxde
> > Log:
> > Add gosa-desktop to Depends of desktop-lxde, cause LXDE menu lacks
> > a menu entry for password change (website) otherwise.
>
> This seem like the wrong approach for two reasons.  First of all
> because you introduce another way to do this, and we end up with two
> methods, one in KDE and one in LXDE.  And secondly, the menu entry in
> KDE only show up in networked profiles (thus not in the Standalone
> profile) because we put the menu entry in
> debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu/networked-kde3/share/applications/pwdchange.de
> +sktop.

You're right.

> Can you figure out a way to get the same effect on LXDE, and
> preferably using the same method on KDE and LXDE?

Will try this one first, cause the KDE menu method seems to be better
suited for users (giving a hint to change the password).

> Perhaps dropping out meny entry from debian-edu-config and pulling in
> the gosa-desktop package in the networked task is an idea?

Yes, this would be an option; will try it, if I fail to figure out, how
to get the KDE menu entry into LXDE.

Wolfgang