Re: tasksel cleanup

[Giorgio Pioda]
> Hi,

Hi.

> I think that a tasksel cleanup is needed. With PXE install (KDE) the
> standard procedure doesn't install all the xserver stuff. Fixed
> manually installing "kdm" package.

This is rather strange, as the same packages should be installed using
PXE and the netinst CD.  I have not tested PXE installs myself, so I
have no idea how they can be different in this respect.

> I've seen some similar problems installing roaming workstation
> (gnome) via CD. For this running twice the package selection during
> installation fixed the problems, downloading ~50 audio related
> packages.

Could the problem be an overfull partition?  It is the only problem I
can thing of that will have strange and unexpected effects.

PXE will need more space on /var/ than the netinst CD, so if /var/ is
too small, anything can happen... :)

--
Happy hacking