Re: MAC filtering and ignoring

[Giorgio Pioda]
> Hi,
>
> One of the big blocking question to migrate to Edu, for my school,
> is tha ability to block at MAC or Vendor string level network
> devices that are not allowed (Most I*, but also Androids)
> to spare bandwith ad addresses (both limited).
>
> Im using dnsmasq, and in dnsmasq is possible. I think it should be
> also possible for isc-dhcp.
>
> What about having these setups imported in LDAP? Are the schemas
> compatible? If yes we will probably write a script to
> automatize it.

I suspect this would have to be done using the configuration file
instead of LDAP, but have no experience with such setup myself.  Perhaps
it is better to enforce the use of squid and put such filtering in
squid.conf?  After all, anyone can just an IP address and not depend on
DHCP to get online.

--
Happy hacking,