Re: More new packages for Debian Edu (Was: Install scratch by default on Debian Edu Desktops in Wheezy?)

[Marius Kotsbak]
> The free alternative is HTML5 in web browsers. This is going to solve
> itself as the plugin is even removed from new Android
> installations/upgrades/devices, and the web site owners probably soon
> stop using flash (or export to HTML/JS if it is possible) so that the
> majority of their users are also able to see the content.

I would love for this dream to come true.  But HTML5 is not really going
to solve everything, given the state of affairs with video in HTML5.
The H.264/(Ogg Theora|WebM) split will still block free software to
compete on equal terms.  See <URL: http://webmink.com/essays/h-264/ >
for those details.

There is also the fact that heaps of government sponsored educational
web sites are already created using Flash, and will not go away any time
soon. :(

--
Happy hacking