Re: Please help golearn (from the goplay package) become more useful for Debian Edu

With golearn and goplay installed by default in our wheezy release, it
is even more important to tag all learning related packages with the
proper debtags.  If I understand this correctly, all packages tagged
use::learning and either role::program or role::documentation should
show up in golearn.  But when I ran golearn on one of our standalone
machines based on Wheezy, some packages did not show up.  for example
gcompris didn't show up.  Not sure what is going, but suspect it might
be delays in accepting tag edits by the debtag maintainer (Enrico?).

Anyway, we need to make sure all the package we want to show up there is
properly tagged, and We can edit the tags using the debtags.debian.net
web site, and thus adjust the list of packages shown in the program
without updating any packages.

To get an idea about the set of packages shown, visit
At the moment 127 packages is tagged like this.

To see the tags accepted by the debtags maintainer, visit

Please help with the tagging.  It only take a few seconds to add a tag.
Anyone can do so, without registration or any kind of formalities.  :)

Only the two tags (use::learning and role::program) need to be set for
learning programs to show up in golearn.  You do not need to set any
more if you are unsure how to tag.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinhodltsen