Re: Analysis of failing Nagios ping check in Wheezy

[Philipp Huebner]
> Hi,
>
> why don't you simply change sitesummary to generate the nagios
> configuration with a check_ping -4 to force it to use IPv4?
>
> I have tested and suggested that possibility many weeks ago.
>
> Seems a lot easier to me than maintaining your own version of
> [libnss-myhostname].

Because sitesummary do not really know anything about IPV4 and IPv6
and I want to keep it that way, to make sure it will work with IPv6 in
an IPv6 environment and IPv4 in an IPv4 environment.

Also, the underlying problem with looking up the current hostname will
still exist as a potential bomb for programs with IPv6 support.

--
Happy hacking