Re: Analysis of failing Nagios ping check in Wheezy

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Possible fixes is to change libnss-myhostname to not return incomplete
> IPv6 addresses when looking up the current host name.  Another is to
> only install the package on Roaming Workstation profiles.  A third is
> to disable IPv6 (blacklist the ipv6 kernel module, I guess).

I've provided the maintainer and upstream with a patch to skip the
incomplete IPv6 address.  But the maintainer is waiting for feedback
from upstream, and this seem to take forever.  I suspect we should
figure out how to handle this on our own.

> I've asked the maintainer for a change in libnss-myhostname.  If that
> do not work out, I suggest we change the package tasks to only install
> libnss-myhostname on Roaming workstations.

So, what do you believe we should do?  I suggest we upload our own
version to our repository, hope we pick a version number that is smaller
than the next upload to unstable with a fix and that the maintainer or
upstream provide a fix for this next upload to unstable.  Wait a bit
more is of course another option, but we really should get a fix in
place soon.  Any other suggestions?

--
Happy hacking