Re: Please redirect/change slx.no to skolelinux.no

TL;DR:

- Done!

On Sat, 2013-04-27 at 08:09 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Hi.  I found this email address in the whois entry for slx.no, and
> thus try to use it to make this DNS update.

Hello, :-)

Yes, this is one of the contact points for DNS updates at our
Hostmaster/DNS service. You could also use drift@itsjefen.no for further
updates if you like.

> The www.slx.no site is obsolete, and no longer pointed to by
> skolelinux.no/skolelinux.org, nor recommended by the Skolelinux
> project.  Can you please change the DNS entry be a CNAME for
> www.skolelinux.no instead?

Yes, as a longtime observer of the current state of things from a
distance we've observed the obsoleteness of www.slx.no and waited
patiently for a request to update it to point to some more current site.

> Btw, I believe the domain contact mailing list, styret (at)
> friprogramvareiskolen.no, is no longer working.  Just mentioning it if
> you consider asking them for verification.  You could try to call the
> board leader Knut Yrvin instead if you want to check.

We'll take your word for it, as a great developer and contributor to the
doacracy of the Debian-Edu project. If you wish that we update any
domain objects currently at ITsjefen with a more suitable contact please
tell us, and we'll do so accordingly.

ITsjefen has the following domains at its Registry tab:
 frikort.no
 friprogramvare.no
 friprogramvareiskolen.no
 linuxbok.no
 linuxiskolen.no
 linuxiskulen.no
 linuxveiviseren.no
 skulelinux.no
 skuvlalinux.no
 slx.no
 spist.no
 linxusignpost.com
 linxusignpost.net
 linxusignpost.org
 skolelinux.com
 skolelinux.net

The DNS however might point at various providers, such as
Redpill-Linpro, ITsjefen and others. We'll continue our service for
these domains as a free-of-charge contribution to the community for as
long as it's wanted by the Debian-Edu project as a whole.

All the best for you and the project,

--
With regards
Anders Kringstad - Hostmaster and solutions architect