Re: Fwd: Samba4 and SSSD

Le jeudi 14 mars 2013 13:55:16, Alejandro a écrit :
> Hi all

Hello,

> Things are different between AD and GOsa2/fusiondirectory.
> 1.- ldap access is easy to do

yes :)

> 2.- gosa2 objects could be added to samba4 AD schema using
> oLschema2ldif

no a good idea in my opinion

> 3.- Gosa2 departments aren't like OU in AD.

FusionDirectory neither :) but can be used like that..

> 4.- Gosa2 acl aren different to nt acl

i don't understand this one ? are or are not ?

> And samba stuff is not usable in AD enviroment
> I think that we must to begin with 1 and 2 point and create a schema
> usable by samba4

my idea is not the same, as i have studied briefly the case for a customer.

in our case we will store everything in FusionDirectory/OpenLdap, and our
argonaut client server/framework will put data into the ldap from samba 4

This allow to not be dependant on schema we have to put into samba4

another project is planned to have an ActiveDirectory connector for AD
this year in the FusionDirectory project to be able to listen changes
mades in AD and push then into OpenLDAP.

Cheers

> 2012/11/28 Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>
>
> > Hi Jonathan, hi all,
> >
> > On Di 27 Nov 2012 19:42:54 CET Jonathan Carter wrote:
> >  I think that will also make it really easy to do the debian-edu /
> >
> >> edubuntu user connectivity that we've had on the radar for a while,
> >> I'm interested in what debian-edu's long-term plans will be for
> >> authentication servers, either way I think it could be a really
> >> good thing for everyone.
> >
> > I wonder if it is possible to have Samba4 in place (some new+fancy
> > version) and use GOsa² to transparently work on the LDAP DIT (of
> > Samba4), at least for those objectClasses / attributes relevant to
> > the Unix and Samba world.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> > --
> >
> > DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
> > mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
> > fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148
> >
> > GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
> > mail:
> > mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.**de<mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>