packaging (was Re: Debian-edu, bite-sized bugs and the road ahead.)

severity 654935 normal
merge 640200 654935
thanks

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> We would be having a packaging workshop, so some bugs about :-
>
> a. Packaging educational software which would be nice/cool to have in
> Debian-edu blend. A friend of mine would be having a packaging session
> so people know about debian/control and things like that. I have
> enjoyed both Gcompris and Childsplay which I would be showcasing that
> as well as scratch which they could introduce to their younger
> brothers and sisters. Are there any other nice tools/suites which
> people on the list would like me to recommend ?

hm, there is a list of eductional software to package somewhere, but I fail to find it. Can someone help?

A good start to learn packaging is the "packaging-tutorial" package, which btw can also be translated!

Another tip: subscribe to the debian-edu-commits mailinglist and read the diffs to learn whats happening.