debian-edu-doc: new Git workflow (was: debian-edu-doc translation update, only 3 fuzzy strings in Wheezy)

Hi,

Le 14/02/2013 15:46, David Prévot a écrit :

> Sorry for the very short notice, but I'd like to upload the package
> tomorrow, so a prompt answer would be really welcome.

Thanks a lot to all of you! Wolfgang even managed to began the update
before the call, Joe replied very early too, and Francesca took care of
the tiny Italian update since Claudio was not available.

> If you already know the basics of Git, the following should allow you to
> start working:
>
>   git clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-edu/debian-edu-doc.git

And now, let's just work on master for everything: I'll simply take care
of removing the Wheezy-specific parts for the Squeeze-targeted upload.

I'll also throw away the squeeze and wheezy branches soon to avoid
further confusions.

> Please use Wheezy material to test the build, especially po4a: at least
> po4a 0.42-1 must be used, since the previous Squeeze version didn't
> behave the same way (and please do test it before committing and pushing
> your changes, at least “LINGUA=it make” — replace “it” by your language
> — that will also run msgcat in order to make the diff minimal even if
> you use Lokalize for example, as explained in
> README.debian-edu-wheezy-manual-translations).

[…]

> Please, do not hesitate to call for help if you're lost in Git
> (preferably on list since I'm far from a Git wizard): I'd very much love
> to get rid of the Subversion repository ASAP and handle all the next
> uploads in the Git repository (including the Squeeze ones).

We may now remove the debian-edu-doc Subversion repository, or replace
it by a placeholder to point to Git, I'm not sure what's best, but will
follow the example of the already moved VCS.

Cheers

David