Re: Wheezy Gosa² setup

Hi,

On Montag, 21. Januar 2013, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > > New Revision: 78794
> > > +# FIXME: Check this for jessie
> > why do we need this plugin again? didnt we do this already for squeeze?
> gosa-plugin-netgroups isn't available in wheezy (bug #682747). for
> squeeze there was am imo ugly solution
> (debian-edu-gosa-plugin-netgrups).

why do you think this was ugly and how did you implement this differently now?

> this was detected by some script and
> as a consequence you removed it for wheezy.

rather, the new gosa version includes this plugin now (or was said to), so
thats why we had those "Breaks:"-releationships and so I removed it.

> without the plugin the
> main-server is badly crippled.

why dont we add this plugin the old way then?

> there's yet another big problem: in gosa-plugin-ldapmanager the import
> feature has been dropped upstream since version 2.7. it was "not widely
> used" (or some such) and so porting cut to limit workload. that's sort
> of a great loss for local school admins.

what functionality does that plugin provide?

> > will this work (=calling update-gosa without path) ?
> path is included, though hard to see due to line wrapping.

ah, good.

> > this also didnt really answer the question (much), but fine...
> >
> > -  * finish-install: prevent configured network interfaces file from
> > being deleted by d-i.
> > -    Don't delete file, only zero content, to avoid error message
> > -    in log file.
>
> last two lines only understandable as sort of a reply to a proposal by
> pere (delete file as one of five options to solve the problem) -- so
> nothing was really changed.

debian/changelog entries should be self-explainatory! :-)

cheers,
	Holger