Från: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>
Till: debian-edu@lists.debian.org
Skickat: söndag, 9 december 2012 9:23
Ämne: Re: Sitesummary, munin and nagios

[George]
> Hi,
>
> I like the nagios setup in debian edu.. Very automagical, but the
> downside is, its not so easy to understand whats happening. At least
> not for me ;)

It contain two steps, one is sitesummary gathering information and
storing it in /var/lib/sitesummary/entries/, and the next is generating
nagios setup and storing it in
/var/lib/sitesummary/nagios-generated.cfg.  This file is activated by
using /etc/nagios3/sitesummary.cfg as the Nagios setup.

> If I would like to set a time (work hours) for checking workstations
> in the network, thus not getting warnings that they are down, when
> they are in fact shut of intentionally, where would that go in this
> setup?

I'm not quite sure if such fine graded setup is easy to do, but
notifications can be adjusted in
/etc/nagios3/sitesummary-template-contacts.cfg.

> If I want to exclude workstations that are no longer in use, where
> would that go?

This would be done by removing obsolete entries from
/var/lib/sitesummary/entries/.  You can use
'/usr/lib/sitesummary/agesinceseen-summary -l' to find the entries that
did not report in recently.

> Can I just add nodes to nagios in a "nagios fashion" in this setup
> without breaking anything? (like network-switches, printers and other
> things..)

Yes.

I suspect a good way is to make sure cfg_dir is active in
/etc/nagios3/sitesummary.cfg, and add the configuration in
/etc/nagios3/conf.d/.  Or you can just create a new file and list it in
sitesummary.cfg with cfg_file.

--
Happy hacking