Re: FSF Europe: "Skolelinux pilot in Rhineland Palatinate – Lessons learned"

Hi everyone,

On 29/11/12 01:42, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> My impression from that blog entry was - as the title hints - the focus
> on learning: discoveries of dynamics in such a project, which are likely
> to appear in other similar projects as well, no matter who has which
> roles in it.  I look forward to watch the video when ready.

I attended this presentation at FrOSCon. Having been involved in the
project myself quite a few things were still unknown to me, but I could
wholeheartedly agree to everything that has been said.

The focus IMHO was not so much on the technical side, more on how the
project was (mis-)run by the government and how schools tried to profit
from it without supporting it because they only saw money and hardware
but not the freedom.

Kurt explained several peculiarities about german teachers that I find
hard to summarize but very true.

Also, Kurt did not mention any names of people, groups or companies
involved (intentionally). The presentation was not about whom to blame
but what to keep in mind for future projects.

Best wishes,
--
 .''`.   Philipp Huebner <debalance@debian.org>
: :'  :  pgp fp: 6719 25C5 B8CD E74A 5225  3DF9 E5CA 8C49 25E4 205F