Re: Generation change in the ftpmaster team?

Hi,

as a starting point, you (who are interested in joining ftpmasters) could do a
dak installation from gid source on some test machine / VM of yours. We run a
really outdated version on a.skolelinux.no with lots of python deprecation
warnings, and upgrading to latest git (or rather what runs as stable on ftp-
master.debian.org) would solve these problems. But this will come with updated
database schemas, so you should be familar (or willing to become so) with
postgresql.

Doing a test install of dak is a good first exersize before (even thinking
about) messing with our real archive, I think. :-)

And yes, upgrading dak is probably not easy, but switching the archive
software IMO will cause more+longer breakage, so I'd prefer to upgrade dak.

cheers,
	Holger