using FTP client behind Skolelinux network

Hi all,

I am currently trying to find a graphical FTP client that works in a Skolelinux network under Linux (with ipFire as gateway). The task seems simple, but it is

  (a) not easy to find graphical FTP clients with proxy support
  (b) find the correct settings for one that does (e.g. filezilla)

Is there any experiences here on this on this list?

Note: with filezilla, I can establish a connection to the ftp server, but I cannot receive the file list after the connection handshake has been established.

"""
Antwort:	227 Entering Passive Mode (137,226,34,42,247,227).
Befehl:	LIST
Status:	Verbinde mit 10.0.0.1:3128...
Status:	Verbindung mit Proxy hergestellt, führe Handshake durch...
Antwort:	Proxy-Antwort: HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
Fehler:	Proxy-Handshake fehlgeschlagen: ECONNRESET - Connection reset by peer
Fehler:	Zeitüberschreitung der Verbindung (Connection timeout)
Fehler: Verzeichnisinhalt konnte nicht empfangen werden (Directory could not be listed)
"""

Funny enough, I can access ftp sites from within my browser, but for FTP upload some of my users need an FTP client with file manager user experience. For this, of course FTP read/download connections to the world have to work first.

Scratching my head...
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM