How to run script after login

Hi,

Where do I preferably put a script that is supposed to run *after* login?
Im running Squeeze with lxde
I don't want to put it in user homedirs (.bashrc), its systemwide scripts.

I tried /etc/rc.local and /etc/profile.d but it does not seem to do anything..

The thing is, the script has to be run after login (when variables like $HOME is set). I tried to put the script in both chroot and in tjener. For thin clients its supposed to be in /etc/, not in chroot, right?

Greetings  /George