Re: Speed - Lenny vs Squeeze

Hi,

Just some corrections :)

On 05/25/2012 12:06 PM, Kåre Nordby wrote:
Hi Ole-Anders,
We have the same experience. We have just now finished a upgrade at a school on the same HW/config. With KDE

Thin clients where to slow, bot time for diskless not good.

It was slower, but still good.

We changed to XFCE. Boot time is bit faster. Thin client can be used again.

Boot time was the same, login was faster.

Customer thinks XFCE is easier. (They didn't understand desktop folders and activities in KDE 4.x). User is now satisfied.
Correct :)

Regards
Knut Olav Bøhmer

We do not have measurments. We have to investigated more.

Vennlig hilsen
Kåre Nordby
Daglig Leder
Skolelinux Drift AS