Re: Gnash != useless

[Ole-Anders Andreassen]
> Gnash seems to be 100% useless.

Gnash work with youtube and older flash content (ie AVM1, not
AVM2).  So it is not 100% useless.

Flash on the other hand is 99% useless, so it is better to avoid
pages requiring Flash and use any alternative there is.

> Installed flashplugin-nonfree, and now tings work :)
>
> Is this a normal experience ?

It is normal that more pages work with flashplugin-nonfree, as it
support the newer format AVM2.  Unfortunately Adobe have dropped the
Linux plugin working with most browsers, so it will not keep working. :(

If we want Flash to keep working, we need to switch to Chrome, or fund
more free flash (Gnash/Lightspark) work.

--
Happy hacking