Re: ITP: italc2 -- Intelligent Teaching and Learning with Computers

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 02:14:31PM +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On Sa 12 Mai 2012 22:31:30 CEST Holger Levsen wrote:
>
> >On Samstag, 12. Mai 2012, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >>I wonder whether it might make sense to establish a Debian Edu packaging
> >>team.
> >
> >you mean like we have since years??

You are maintaining some infrastructure packages in the Debian Edu team.

> >please explain a bit more what
> >you mean...
>
> What I hear from Andreas is that we put our mailing list as
> maintainer into more packages than just the debian-edu-* packages.

Exactly.  IMHO this would enhance the maintenance of some packages which
are mentioned in the tasks of Debian Edu but are maintained by people
who are not even aware of Debian Edu.  It turned out to be a good idea
doing this for the Debian Med packages.

> For iTALC I would like to start with that.

Good.

> Also: allowing all DDs to write-access /git/debian-edu is a
> brilliant idea. What do I need to do for that.
>
> Please note that team-maintained packages will produce mailing list
> traffic on debian-edu that will probably deal with
> packaging-specific issues. Would it make sense to have an extra list
> for that (pkg-edu-devel@l.alioth.d.o)?

We also have two lists in other teams and I agree with Thomas Koch that
two lists might lead to confusion but it could be properly documented
and finally it does not much harm in practical cases.

> This list should than be maintainer value for the
> edu-team-maintained packages...

Exactly.

Kind regards

       Andreas.